December 13, 2017 – Permobil is pleased to announce the launch of Connect on all M & F series Corpus and Corpus VS models. Permobil Connect is a technology platform that provides key insights on chair status and condition to help improve communication, enhance service experience and promote better peace of mind for users. After developing the first connected wheelchair in conjunction with AT&T in 2015, Permobil is redefining what it means for its users to be connected.
“It’s only fitting that in our 50th anniversary year we would launch Connect to further our commitment to our founder Dr. Per Uddén’s belief that individuals with disabilities should have access to equipment with the same technological standards as those we use in our everyday lives,” says Larry Jackson, President of Permobil Business Region Americas. “And, our wheelchairs should be no exception.”
Connect incorporates the latest technologies to ensure a consumer’s chair is always connected to provide vital information about a chair’s condition and informs the provider of potential service needs.
Connect features include:
• User portal with details on battery status, odometer readings and error codes
• Seamless transmission of chair details including battery voltage, seat actuator function, and amperage readings to provider fleet management portal
• Automatic updates to user and provider on system codes organized into easy to understand categories including warnings, information and errors requiring attention
• Fleet Management portal for quick and easy access to chair records including mileage, serial number, battery condition, error log and order history
• Opportunity for provider to leverage remote diagnostics on chair status to respond accordingly, reduce unnecessary service trips and promote less downtime for consumer in the event of a repair need
• GPS location services promotes peace of mind knowing that in the event of an emergency a loved one can be easily located
• Virtual Seating Coach connectivity now built in standard to every chair with Connect
“Our lives have become more connected as we rely on wireless technologies to plan our day, run our households and keep us connected to friends and family. It only makes sense that our chairs would become connected as well. Connect utilizes the latest in cellular and wireless technology to offer a true remote connection between consumers and service providers to help improve communication and issue resolution. With Virtual Seating Coach now integrated into the Connect platform users can view seat actuator angles in real time and work with their healthcare provider to establish repositioning regimens to maximize the benefits of their seat functions,” says Jamie Crawford, Vice President of Marketing for Region Americas.
About Permobil –
Permobil founder Doctor Per Uddén believed that helping people achieve the greatest level of independence is a basic human right and, for over 50 years, Permobil has held fast to that belief. Permobil is proud to be the global leader in advanced medical technology, forever striving to understand our users’ needs and improving their quality of life through state-of-the-art healthcare solutions. Today, these solutions include power wheelchairs, seating and positioning products, and manual wheelchairs. Permobil is part of Patricia Industries, a subsidiary of Investor AB and is headquartered in Sweden. Permobil has 1800 team members in 17 countries around the world. For more information regarding the company’s storied history and complete product line visit permobilus.com.